Methyl Charge, is ONOGEN™’s pharmaceutical-grade B Vitamin Complex formula, specifically designed to support your bodies delicate inner chemistry and methyl balance. This advanced formula provides bioactive B12 (methyl cobalamin), folate, B6 and Biotin. B Vitamins have numerous functions in the body including, red blood cell production stimulation, support of healthy brain, nerve and immune function, fat burning and energy production and methylation and homocysteine metabolism optimization. Impacting skin, hair and nails health, liver detoxification (removal of toxins from the body), hormone balance, immunity, mood balance and brain focus and joints health.
What is it?
This advanced formula provides pharmaceutical-grade Bioactive B Vitamins including Biotin and Methyl cobalamin in n advance and convenient sublingual presentation to avoid any problems with absorption as it is dissolved in the mouth, and the B12 is absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
How does it work?
- Methylcobalamin is more bioactive than cyanocobalamin, which has to be converted by the liver to the bioactive form methylcobalamin before it can function in the body.
- Methyl B12 and folate are key for the metabolism and balance of methylation and homocysteine levels (a compound that causes damage to the cardiovascular system)
- Vitamin B-6 and folic acid work synergistically with methyl B-12 to promote healthy blood homocysteine levels.
- Methylcobalamin helps donate a methyl group to form SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine) which helps support healthy brain function and liver detoxification.
- Methylcobalamin is essential for the production of normal, healthy myelin; protects the brain and nervous system, and supports its function.†
- Biotin along with B12 helps support fatty acid, amino acid, and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Vitamin B-12 and folic acid support healthy red blood cell production, essential for oxygen transport throughout the body.
- Methyl B12 and folates are key for methylation balance which is essential for gene expression and telomere and DNA repair and maintenance.
- Vitamin B-12 deficiency generally increases with age because of decreased levels of intrinsic factor a protein normally produced by the stomach and which aids in B12 absorption.
- Vegan and vegetarians and people on multiple medication such as metformin and proton pump inhibitors are at greater risk for vitamin B-12 deficiency.
What are the benefits?
- Promote healthy skin, hair and nails
- Boost energy and metabolism
- Support weight loss and healthy metabolism
- Promote mood stability
- Improves joint health
- Improves immunity
- Support nerve and brain health
- Adams JF, Ross SK, Mervyn L, Boddy K, King P. Absorption of cyanocobalamin, coenzyme B 12 , methylcobalamin, and hydroxocobalamin at different dose levels. Scand J Gastroenterol. 1971;6(3):249-52.
- Markišić M, Pavlović AM, Pavlović DM. The Impact of Homocysteine, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D Levels on Functional Outcome after First-Ever Ischaemic Stroke. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:5489057.
- Djokic G, Korcok D, Djordjevic V, Agic A, Rankovic A, Djukic D. The effects of S-adenosyl-L-methionine-vitamin B complex on mild and moderate depressive symptoms. Hippokratia. 2017;21(3):140-143.
- Wu F, Xu K, Liu L, et al. Vitamin B12 Enhances Nerve Repair and Improves Functional Recovery After Traumatic Brain Injury by Inhibiting ER Stress-Induced Neuron Injury [published correction appears in Front Pharmacol. 2021 Apr 12;12:598335]. Front Pharmacol. 2019;10:406. Published 2019 Apr 24.
- Zhang N. Role of methionine on epigenetic modification of DNA methylation and gene expression in animals. Anim Nutr. 2018;4(1):11-16.
- Stover PJ. Vitamin B12 and older adults. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2010;13(1):24-27.